Gas appliances are energy efficient, safe, affordable, and reliable. Like any appliance, it is important to understand that there are potential health and safety risks.
Here are our top 5 tips to ensure that your gas appliances are running safely and efficiently.
- Ensure all gas appliances are installed and regularly serviced by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. Appliances should be serviced at least once a year. By law, a gas engineer must be registered to carry out work on gas appliances. All the engineers at Browne's Gas Services are Gas Safe Registered.
- If you think a gas appliance might not be working properly then do not use it, under any circumstances.
- Ensure that ventilation bricks, grills or outside flues are not covered or blocked or obstructed.
- A carbon monoxide detector can be used as an extra safety measure (although don't rely on this alone).
- If you live in rented accommodation, then remember that it is your landlord's legal obligation to arrange an annual gas safety check.